- Dual ALS and tri-mode I2C interface in a single package.
- Very low power consumption.
- Stand-by current 5µA (monitoring I²C interface only, Vdd=3V)
- ALS operational current 50µA per sensor.
Ambient Light Sensing
- Dual ALS senses ambient light and provides 16-bit output counts on
the I²C bus directly
proportional to the ambient light intensity.
- Photopic spectral response of ALS1 nearly matches human eye.
- Broadband response of ALS2 supports compensation for spectral
with different types of cover glass.
- Dynamic dark current compensation
- Linear response over the full operating range.
- Senses intensity of ambient light from 0.05 lux to 52k lux with
21bit effective resolution.(16-bit converter)
- Continuously programmable integration times .(6.25ms, 12.5ms,
25ms… to 800ms)
- Precision on-chip oscillator. (counts equal 0.1 lux at 100ms
* Additional Features
- Programmable interrupt function including independent upper and
detection or threshold based hysteresis for ALS.
- Level or Edge Triggered interrupts.
- Automatic power down after single measurement or continuous
with programmable interval time
- Wide operating voltage range. (2.3V to 3.6V)
- Wide operating temperature range. (-40ºC to 80ºC)
- I²C serial communication port.
- Standard mode – 100 kHz
- Fast mode – 400 kHz
- High speed mode – 3.4 MHz
- RoHS Compliant (Pb-Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free)
- Moisture Sensitivity Level , MSL3.
Senses ambient light conditions, saving display power in
• Smart phones, mobile internet devices, MP3 players, GPS.
• Mobile device displays
• Notebooks, Tablet PC, LCD Monitor, Flatpanel TVs, Digital Camera.